Hello & a Warm Welcome to Mums, Dads & Bumps!
First and foremost, congratulations! Wishing you a smooth and very happy pregnancy.
Secondly, we are delighted that you are considering a hypnobirthing course. So many parents are now benefiting from feeling relaxed and empowered about the birth ahead having gained an understanding how body and baby work together in labour and knowing that they can indeed achieve a calm birth.
Thanks to the portrayal of childbirth in the media the majority of women are understandably terrified of labour – but the good news is it doesn’t have to be this way. A big part of hypnobirthing is discovering how to turn this unhelpful programming on its head and start to look forward, in so many ways, to your baby’s birth.
Group classes are run from Training Points Studio, Coopers Yard, SE19 – or from your home if you have another couple interested. One to ones are arranged at a mutually convenient date and are just for you and your partner, usually taking place within your own home.
What’s Covered in our Hypnobumps Classes?
Classes are flexible and there is plenty of time for discussion. It is all very relaxed – and relaxing!
We’ll cover all the antenatal topics you need to know about as well of course as the hypnobirthing tools and techniques.
We’ll take a look at –
- Place of birth – your options
- What to expect in labour and when to go into hospital/birth centre/to call the midwife
- And understanding of what helps and what hinders the birthing process
- The Birth Partner’s very important role in the whole birth journey (starting now!)
- Techniques to release fear and tension – which can lead to interventions
- Self hypnosis to bring about deep relaxation
- How best to communicate your wishes with hospital staff / birth plans
- Interventions that will be offered to you and the benefits and risks of these
- Massage techniques to aid the release of endorphins – the body’s powerful anaesthetic
- Visualisation techniques, breathing techniques and positive affirmations
- The Katharine Graves Hypnobirthing book
- A detailed folder of handouts
- The Colour & Calmness MP3
- Unlimited email contact before, during and after the course
Price is £270 per couple for a group course & £355 per couple for a 1:1
HypnoBumps clients enjoy a discount on Pure Reflexology Maternity treatments held from the comfort of your home in the lead up to your baby’s birth – sessions @ £40 each (usual price £45). Take a look at our Reflexology section for more information on the benefits of Reflexology for Pregnancy.
Regrettably, fees paid cannot be refunded even if you have to miss classes through illness or the early arrival of your baby, nor can classes be re-booked if unfortunately missed.