Hello & a Warm Welcome to Mums, Dads & Bumps!
First and foremost, congratulations! Wishing you a smooth and very happy pregnancy.
Secondly, we are delighted that you are considering a hypnobirthing course. So many parents are now benefiting from feeling relaxed and empowered about the birth ahead having gained an understanding how body and baby work together in labour and knowing that they can indeed achieve a calm birth.
Thanks to the portrayal of childbirth in the media the majority of women are understandably terrified of labour – but the good news is it doesn’t have to be this way. A big part of hypnobirthing is discovering how to turn this unhelpful programming on its head and start to look forward, in so many ways, to your baby’s birth.
Group classes are run in Crystal Palace, Brixton and Kingston Hospital – or from your home if you have friends who are interested.
One to ones are arranged at a mutually convenient date and are just for you and your partner, taking place from the comfort of your own home & at a time that suits you.
What’s Covered in our Hypnobirthing Classes?
Classes are flexible and there is plenty of time for discussion. It is all very relaxed – and relaxing!
We’ll cover all the antenatal topics you need to know about as well of course as the hypnobirthing tools and techniques.
We’ll take a look at –
- Place of birth – your options
- What to expect in labour and when to go into hospital/birth centre/to call the midwife
- And understanding of what helps and what hinders the birthing process
- The Birth Partner’s very important role in the whole birth journey (starting now!)
- Techniques to release fear and tension – which can lead to interventions
- Self hypnosis to bring about deep relaxation
- How best to communicate your wishes with hospital staff / birth plans
- Interventions that will be offered to you and the benefits and risks of these
- Informed decision making
- Massage techniques to aid the release of endorphins – the body’s powerful anaesthetic
- Visualisation techniques, breathing techniques and positive affirmations
- The Baby Bumps book ‘I’m Expecting a Baby’
- The Katharine Graves Hypnobirthing book
- A detailed folder of handouts
- Follow up information via email
- 5 x MP3
- Support up until your baby is born should you want it
Price is £250 per couple for a group course & £370 per couple for a 1:1
Great discounts on reflexology, baby massage, baby reflexology & the postnatal ‘bolt on’ session are available to you once you sign up to a course.
Birthing refunds/missed classes:
Regrettably, fees paid cannot be refunded if you have to miss classes. A full refund is given if a baby arrives before the course starts.